Netflix knows that every family is different and it has been investing in a wide variety of kids and family films and shows from all over the world including:
- Klaus: A selfish postman and a reclusive toymaker form an unlikely friendship, delivering joy to a cold, dark town that desperately needs it.
- Pup Academy: Furry friends take a re-bark-able journey in this series about an extraordinary school for the cutest, the cuddliest and most curious puppies.
- Brainchild: From germs and emotions to social media and more, it’s the science of your world explained in a way that’s refreshingly relatable.
- You vs Wild: In this interactive series, you’ll make key decisions to help Bear Grylls survive, thrive and complete missions in the harshest environments on earth.
- Boss Baby: The Boss Baby brings his big brother Tim to the office to teach him the art of business in this animated series sprung from the hit film.
Today, Netflix is also updating and improving the parental controls to give parents the tools they need to make the right decisions for their families. Choice and control have always been important for Netflix’ members.
More choice and control for families
Every family is different. It’s why we’re investing in a wide variety of kids and family films and TV shows from all over the world – including award-winning animated films like Klaus, series such as Mighty Little Bheem and interactive shows like Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal.
It’s why we also give parents the controls they need to make the right decisions for their families. Today we’re updating and improving those controls, based on feedback from our members. Parents can now:
- PIN protect individual profiles to prevent kids using them;
- Tailor their kids Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age. We’ve built these filters using country ratings so they are more intuitive;
- Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile;
- Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings;
- Turn off auto play of episodes in kids’ profiles.
Everyone can now add these new, improved controls to their profile by going to account settings on our mobile or laptop.
Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these additional controls will help parents make the right choices for their families.
Information provided by Michelle Parsons, Kids Product Manager